As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, January 26, 2009

Dancing for Joy!!!

This is Hannah dancing for joy this evening at the news that we have a perfectly healthy little bean with a sweet little heartbeat!!!! OK...so maybe that is a stretch. She is really dancing because we were stuck in her room while Daryl had a dissertation conference with his professor and we were not allowed to make noise, but she really is still dancing! If I could only figure out how to post a video...it was too cute!

Anyways...all went well at the doctor. They found the heartbeat right away on this little blob that they said was our baby. We got to hear it, which was good, since I couldn't see the little flicker that she was talking about. I do have a subchorionic hemmorage (sp?--that doesn't look right) that they will keep an eye on, but they feel it's so small that it will resolve itself. We'll go back in two weeks for our regular appointment, and maybe they will sneak a peak then as well! We compared it to Hannah about this time, and Hannah's picture was so much more defined, but we looked at the dates, and it was about a week further along. I have a new due date of September 16, which means for me, around Labor Day. This makes me happy that I will have more time before the baby comes to get my classroom and my class in shape! God is so good, but after wrestling with doubt and worry and fear for most of the night last night, I had promised myself that whatever the outcome today, that God would receive the glory and my praise.

I am exhausted right now. It's as if after the appointment every bit of energy drained out of me with the nervous energy and anxiety that had been fueling me all day. I only hope that Hannah will cooperate and go to bed early too!

Thank you for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment