As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 4 for the Organizationally and Time Challenged

Oh, I had such high hopes. Such high expectations. Delusions of grandeur. I would get out of bed early, hand off the little girls to the big girls, and leap into action. But then...I was the only one up for hours--literally. I tried. Really, I did. After about two hours of cuddling and feeding and playing and snuggling and wet baby kisses and sweet Hannah hugs and countless games of "baby," I turned on Caillou, stuck Charlotte in her bumbo seat on the counter next to me, and got to work. I got through exactly half of a drawer before Charlotte demanded to be held. I tried doing it with her in tow, but gave that up too. Once she went down for her morning nap, a record 47 minutes, I did manage to plow through 8 drawers and 2 cabinets.
And then the big kids were finally up. And for a moment, I thought that I would get it done. But then...I realized something. I want to be organized. Oh how I want to be organized. But I also don't want to spend one entire day of my weekend organizing away from my kids. Especially the little girls, who I leave every weekday for 10 hours a day.
And so, with only 8 drawers and 2 cabinets complete--but with great amounts of junk purged!!--I quit. Loved on my babies for a while, took a long hot shower, went on a date with my hubby, came home and loved on my babies some more. And on days like today, when I got maybe an hour with each little one, I am so glad I did. I'll get there. My journey will just have a few more pit stops along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment