As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, June 28, 2010

More Summer Fun

I love summer. As much as I love my job, I love my family even more. And even though I've been working way more than I usually do during the summer, I've been blessed to watch my babies (even those who aren't babies anymore) play. This week...

Maddy and Hannah got married...




Hannah looks like she doesn't quite know what to make of the bridal kiss!

Also this week, Hannah played hard. So hard that she just couldn't keep her eyes open anymore! (How tired she must have been to have fallen asleep under Daryl's sweaty arm!)
The heat got the best of us this weekend, and the girls got out the hose and the pool for some "swimming."


Charlotte was not so excited about the mist of the hose, but LOVES the baby pool!

Hannah has lived in her swimsuit since we got out the hose. She loves her Ariel "babing soup!"


And finally....finally it happened! Charlotte grew enough hair to hold a bow!!! Saturday night, I lay in bed before I went to sleep making plans to bust out the bow maker and make a trip to Hancock's for ribbon so I could start on her collection of bows.
Needless to say...I think we have a way to go. Doesn't she look thrilled?
She looks just like her pawpaw with a bow stuck on her head!
I've also, this summer, had a chance to exercise. Today marks 30 consecutive days that I have exercised for 40 minutes or more. So proud of myself for keeping it up, and surprisingly, look forward to it. It's been soooooo soooooo sooooooo hot, but I've gotten out there every night after dinner and walked for 40 minutes to an hour. Not sure what is happening on the scale, but I know that I almost lost my shorts last time I walked, and my waking blood pressure this morning was 106/69. I'm sleeping better, I have more energy, and I've broken my sugar addiction. My clothes are fitting better and I'm sleeping better. Most importantly, my girls are eating healthier and exercising and making more conscious decisions about what they put in their bodies.
This weekend, we head to the lake and the week after that, I'm not tutoring at all.
I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment