As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Officially a College Student

Today was the day I had been dreading for weeks, and that Josh had been anticipating for much longer than that. The day Josh went off to college.

We woke him up at 6:30 so the girls could tell him good-bye.

Daryl took the whole day off, so that he could get some work done. I took half a day and left after lunch. We were home about an hour together, and then it was time to load the cars.
We drove the 1.3 miles to Clayton State to wait in this line to unload. We waited for about ten minutes before we decided just to park and carry it all in. I seriously don't remember having a check-in time or vying for a parking place to unload at the dorm--but I must have since Clemson is a much bigger college.

After waiting in line to fill out papers, and waiting in line for the elevator, we finally got to his dorm room--339. They had this cute welcome sign on it for the freshmen.

I was a bit sad by this time, watching all of these kids carry their stuff up the stairs, realizing that all these big kids were going to be living with my baby boy. I felt sooooo much better to find this waiting for him in his room (note the sarcasm)

Josh is living in a suite with three others. This is his "living area."

And his kitchenette. (In which he put NONE of his food/kitchen stuff for fear someone would take it!)

the bathroom

And the vanity area of the bathroom (and contrary to everyone's belief, I am not posing for a picture of myself!)

And his dorm room. It's tiny. But it's all his. We got all his stuff in, made his bed, helped him put his stuff away (along with Maranda, of course!) Then it was time to go get the girls from school and since he had some friends stop by, it was the perfect time to say good-bye. (OK, there is no perfect time to say good-bye to your baby boy, but good as time as any.)

I was a little sad walking out. I got a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. But I needn't worry. By the time we got home with dinner, he was already home picking up his car...and he says he'll be back later on.

Big big big day in the Stone household, but in the wasn't too bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment