As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Miscellany

Saturday--before a much needed haircut.  And yes, it was as bad as it looks.  She's not a big fan of hair brushing or combing, so as we have found ourselves doing so often, we just did the bare minimum so she didn't look like a street orphan, except for Sundays.
 And after.
 Duckface.
 Charlotte's first time-out.  Doesn't she look penitent? (not)  She is such a sweetheart, but lately, she has gotten great joy out of pulling Hannah's hair, kicking Hannah, hitting Hannah, and taking things from Hannah and running  away with them.  You would think that Hannah, with all of her attitude and feistiness (feistyness?), would stick up for herself.  But no, she just sits there and takes it.  I think we need to find a new location so that she doesn't enjoy it quite so much!
Not much else to report.  Back to work for me today, so I have had my fill of sitting in meetings wishing I was in my classroom working on getting ready for those 20 first graders that will become "mine" for the school year.  This time of year where I have a hard time sleeping--too much running through my head, so much to do and think about.  This year has been particularly rough, as the insomnia started about a week ago and shows no sign retreating.  Last night, I thought I had it licked, when who should climb in bed with us at 2:46?  Hannah.  And that's all she wrote.

Here's hoping for a good night's sleep...or actually sleep, period!

1 comment: