As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cue the music...."It's the most hectic time of the year...." Wait...that's not how it goes...but man, that's how it feels. It's still pre-Thanksgiving and we've had cheer competition, play practice, Thanksgiving programs, and more. Add to it a husband (a very very dear husband, I might add) who is working so hard we rarely see him, and sick children, and it makes for a very busy, very tired, often discouraged momma. So I'll admit it. I've not counted blessings as I should have. I might even own up to wallowing once or twice, or more. My laptop, with the list on it, died, taking the list with it, so I haven't recorded any this week, but looking back on this week in pictures, I remember. :)


138.  My husband's work ethic.  He is the hardest worker I know, and though sometimes I tell him he works too hard, I am grateful that he does.  I know it seems like a thankless job sometimes (most of the time, really), as it seems that with five children, the needs are never ending and we always need something, but he does it without complaining or grumbling.

139.  I am the grumbler of the family and he puts up with me.

140.  Being able to have him home in the evenings, in his favorite spot on earth--his recliner.


141.  Listening to Christmas carols on the radio on my drive to Columbus last weekend.

142.  A two hour drive by myself, with opportunities to think and sing and breathe.

143.  The excitement in my girls' voices when they called to tell me they placed at sectionals and qualified for State Cheerleading Competition.

144.  The girls on their team.  They, for the most part, are a cohesive, Christ loving group of girls who minister to each other.  They represented our school and God at the competition and I couldn't have been prouder.



 145.  The fact that Sarah and Maddy can put aside their "sisterness" and compete on the same team peacefully.  There has been a dispute or two, but they have kept it off the floor and at home.  So proud of them...especially Maddy, who has a hard time holding her tongue!
 146.  Second chances.  Maddy's drama teacher decided last minute to hold a performance of Pocahontas for Thanksgiving.  I couldn't go last time, so I didn't see the whole thing.  So glad I got to see it all.
147.  Hearing Hannah's kindergarten friends calling her name, and seeing her joy at seeing them when we got to the school.
148.  Watching her hug all her friends.  She is definitely a hugger!
149.  Hannah's sweet friend, Gracie, and her even sweeter mom, Bridgett.  They invited Hannah to sit with them so I could deal with this cutie.  She did well, I thought, until about ten minutes into the show when she decided to repeatedly kick the seats in front of us.  As I was taking her to the back, I heard a "Thank you, Jesus!"


 150.  Being able to take a sick day to stay home with a feverish Charlotte.
151.  A babysitter who cares enough to call to make sure I have donuts at home because "they are her favorite!"
152.  Charlotte can put on her shoes all by herself! (her shoe choice today?  One sparkly light up flip flop and one twinkle toes!)

Off to grab a snuggle with my sickie!

No comments:

Post a Comment