As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I never thought I would say it...

but I am tired of not cooking. I want to cook. I want to have my family...all of my family...around our table for dinner. I am tired of fast food. And gee...only 5 more days of it.

Our schedule this week...

Monday: work and school, physical therapy for Sarah, pick up little girls, Spivey for Sarah. Gone from home 6:45 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday: work and school, help class for me, go pick up little girls, come back and get big girls from cheer practice, cross country meet (that we didn't get to go to because he ended up running before I could get all the girls and get over there) Gone from home 6:45am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday: work, faculty meeting, physical therapy for Sarah, pick up little girls, AWANA's will leave at 6:45 am, will return home 8:30 pm
Thursday: work and school, help class, grade level meeting, pick up little girls, football game for Maddy will leave at 6:45 am and return 8:00 ish pm
Friday: work and school, cheer practice, planning meeting, Charlotte's 2 month appointment/shots, football game hopefully will get home at 5:30.
Saturday: cheer competition for Sarah, football game for Maddy, end of the year celebration for Maddy Gone all day and most of the evening.
Sunday: church, play practice, choir practice, church, packing and preparing for the girls' week at Kay's--this took about an hour and a half last week. It meant putting together approximately 15 outfits for Charlotte and 10 outfits for Hannah to take to Kay's, not easy considering that they each have limited winter wardrobe. Then, it was at least one outfit per day to wear at home (because if they don't come in clothes, she will change them immediately anyways--just one of many eccentricities, but we love her)

Repeat every week. Add in the work at home waiting for me...laundry (which I am trying to keep caught up on...psht), dishes (even though we aren't ever home, we seem to generate a lot of these), packing the diaper bag for the next day, getting the little girls dressed in the morning, trying to find something to fit my frustratingly still fat body in the closet that has two huge storage bins worth of Hannah's old clothes in it, something that will keep my warm, yet look stylish (yeah...I don't know why I care, but I do), yet allow me to survive the oven that my room is most every day.

THEN...add in Daryl working every afternoon/evening, and you have my life. Don't get me wrong. I am so grateful, so thankful, that he has the work. God has provided when we needed it. And Lord knows we need it. But I miss my husband. I miss my best friend. I miss having help with it. I already did this single mother thing...and let me tell you...not fun.

So long story short---I am tired of french fries. Tired of chicken sandwiches. Actually tired of Chick Fil A. I want to cook. Miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment