As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, October 10, 2009

OK, so it's not Monday...

But I find myself childless right now (as in there are no children in my lap or needing me to do anything...they are mostly home) and thought I would post to make up for my total and complete lack of motivation to do so during the week!

So here is just a bit of what I did today. I have already filled up the table once and then put it away. AND this is just towels, mine and Daryl's, the little girl's, and what was on the bathroom floors. Tomorrow I will utter the words that strike terror and dread in my heart--"Bring down your dirty clothes."




Why do my little girls need so many clothes? you may ask. Good question! Their beloved Kay Kay, their eccentric but wonderful babysitter, gives them a bath and changes their clothes every time they poop. For Hannah, no big deal. Two outfits due to that and then another two or so due to potty training jealousy related regression and being a sweatball due to the fact that it is October and STILL 90 here. For Charlotte, who poops every time she eats...and eats every 2-3 hours...OK, do you get it? Add to that the sleeper that she wears to bed and the one I have to change her into before she goes to Kay Kay's because she dribbles when she drinks and then she smells bad. And while I may have good intentions of washing every night, the truth is that I will stick it all in the washing machine and then forget about it until days later when it stinks. It's so much easier to just wash it all, pack it all for the sitter and repeat every weekend.
Anyways...a lot of verbage about my least favorite subject in the world. On to more pleasant things....like my sweet big girl, Hannah, who started Cubbies this week. Cubbies is the program our church has for the preschool children on Wednesday nights. She will learn Bible truths, hear stories, do crafts, eat snacks. Oh! And have a cute little red vest and cubby bag. This week she learned "God is love." And ate chips (because she didn't like the cookies, and so they dug up something else for her)
Here she is with her friend, Wilberta, all ready for opening ceremonies! Look how happy!!!

And here she is once it started--notice that other kids are here now...which "scared" her. It was Janice to the rescue...the lady that has watched her in the nursery every Wednesday and Sunday night for 2 years...and is moving up to Cubbies with her! Momma bear in me wanted to just scoop her up in my arms and tell her she didn't really have to go, that she and Janice could go play in the nursery just like they always did, but I didn't.
And here she is saying the pledges, sitting on Janice's lap.

And here is Charlotte, at her first Wednesday night AWANA's. I also wanted to scoop her up in my arms and hold her all evening, but realized I probably couldn't be a real effective leader that way, and besides, Ms. Angie had come especially to watch her. Big news this week was that she smiled!!! Like for real...at me..on purpose, not because she was about to toot! And she did it Sunday night, for me, before she had a chance to do it for Kay Kay. I haven't managed to catch it on film yet, but trust me...it will melt your heart!!

And here is my sweet Sarah, in the wheel chair she uses at school. Trekking(sp?) across the school 5 times a day was not easy, so she uses it just at school. She actually has been able to take baby steps without the crutches this weekend, so hopefully, she will be walking with the immobilizer on soon!

Besides the feeling of accomplishment of doing 8 loads of laundry today and the smiley Charlotte, the highlight of my week happened today. Sarah went with the cheer squad to their competition and then I went to pick her up when it was over. She called me when they had finished competing (she says I told her to do so, I think not) and told me to head that way. So I did, and had to sit in the parking lot for about an hour and READ. It felt so good just to relax, forget everything, and lose myself in a book. I must try to do that more often!
Off to bed now. I am tired, have a cold, and it is my night to get up with Charlotte.
Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment