As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday of Service

This Saturday morning saw us all up and at 'em this morning, and for once it wasn't for a game, a competition, or to work, but to do for others. Josh headed out with the Student Leadership Institute at school to hand out food to some needy families at a holiday celebration, and the rest of us headed to the assisted living home to spread some holiday cheer. Our church choir met there at 9:30 and we sang a few songs from our Christmas program. I took the big girls because I thought we needed a little bit more power with our little choir, and they both knew the music because they had been in the drama portion of the program. I took the little girls, thinking that the residents would like to see them, and had visions of Hannah charming them and learning to come out of her shell around strangers.

But first...a picture of my sweet baby girl who has slept through the night for two nights in a row! This is how I have found her both mornings, thumb in mouth. She is my one and only thumb sucker, and I am glad...at least there is something about her that is like me (not that I still suck my thumb, but I used to!). Heaven knows that other than this newfound habit, she is all Daryl!
Nanny and PawPaw, while not in the choir, came to support us, and to watch the little girls.
Or should I say girl. Hannah was having none of the "charming the old people." Note how I sang most of the program...holding a 40 pound three year old. The rest of the time, Daryl was holding her.


Not only did we sing, but Doug played some carols on the piano.


The "crowd" enjoying the music.

And Charlotte was sound asleep by the end of it. It was nap time-ish, and it was so incredibly hot, she probably had no choice but to nod off.

It was a good morning, and it made proud of my teenagers who willingly got up on a weekend morning to come to the aid of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment