As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sing We Joyful, All Together...

Can you name that Christmas Carol? (Few people know that I am two time Deacon-Widow Banquet champion of the guess the Christmas carol from some obscure reference...impressive, huh? The useless knowledge that floats around in my head...)

Anyway, I thought it a fitting title for today's post, as it was ELCA's annual Christmas concert, and Maddy, being part of the middle school chorus, was performing. Josh stayed home to shuttle Sarah back and forth to Spivey (thank goodness for teenage drivers in the house!), and I loaded up the little girls and Maddy and met Nanny, PawPaw, and Daryl back at the school (my car could really drive there itself, I sometimes think)

Here's Maddy before we left for the concert. Doesn't she look pretty? A bit summery for a Christmas concert, but the directions were wear black and white... and this is what we had!
And a grumpy teething Charlotte before we left...I was thinking that this did not bode well for a long holiday concert, but she actually did alright
with a little help from Nanny

Maddy singing--the third from the right on the bottom row

Daddy and Maddy after the concert with her flowers. Daryl picked up a bouquet from Grandma since she couldn't be there, and then a bouquet from himself too!
Pretty flowers for a pretty girl...


*************************************************************
On the weight loss front, this week, I did EVERYTHING right. Lots of water. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean protein. No extra salt and no high sodium foods. No cheat days. And you wanna take a guess at how much I lost? NADA Yep, not a single fraction of a pound. And for about two minutes, my first reaction was...Chick Fil A here I come. A big ol' greasy piece of heaven on a biscuit. But I didn't. After all, this is a journey, not a race. A lifestyle change, not a diet. And at the end of the day, it would have been a darn good breakfast, but I still wouldn't have lost any weight, I'd still have high blood pressure, and the chicken wouldn't have helped a bit. So in the end, a victory of sorts. A day I chose ME over the habits, the mindset, and the inner deamons that got me here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment