As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Question...

Lately, I've gotten people asking me the same question. In fact, I've gotten this question 5 times in the last 3 days: "Why don't you update your blog more often? You used to post every day."
I know, I know, I know. I enjoy updating the blog. It's a release. Part therapy, part honing my questionable craft as a writer, part bragging momma. happens. And so...without further ado, the reason I don't update more often.

4:00 am I am awoken by footsteps in the hall, and then by a door being thrown open. This is shortly followed by my sweet sweet Hannah crawling in bed with us. This is followed by endless wiggling, foot in the face, moaning and whining if I take up too much of "her pillow" so that I finally, in desperate need of sleep, take my pillows and put them at the foot of the bed and sleep upside down.

5:45 am My alarm goes off. Ugh. Sometimes, I wait until Daryl's alarm goes off for the first time to actually get up. More often than not, though, as I am laying there in the dark bemoaning the fact that it is morning, Charlotte's sweet babbling comes through the monitor, and I am up and at 'em.

5:45-6:45 am During this hour, I (deep breath)...get dressed, do my hair, do my make up, pack the girls' stuff, dress Hannah, get Hannah something to eat, find Hannah's shoes, feed Charlotte, change Charlotte, get Charlotte in her seat, sneak a snuggle in there, wake up Sarah, let Daisy and Little Phil out, wake up Maddy, let Sweet Pea out, pack my snacks for the day, make my breakfast, make sure Josh is up, gather my stuff, and head out the door.

7:15 am Arrive at school. If it is a Monday, I put my room back together. While my sweet girls and Jenny, the girl we take to school, put out my chairs and papers, I get ready for my day--make copies, answer e-mails, etc.

7:30 am Prayer meeting. A breather. A time to fellowship and a time to go to the Lord and release the stress that has already built up in my life.

7:45-2:45 Spend the day with 20 6 and 7 year olds. 14 boys. 6 girls. 30 minute break most days. I even eat lunch with them.

3:00-4:00 Tutor

4:00 Gather the girls, my work to take home, get things ready for tomorrow and race out the door to get the little girls.

4:30 Arrive at Kay Kay's, get the report on the girls, pack them and their stuff up in the car and drive home.

5:00 Arrive home, unpack the car, deposit Charlotte on her play mat or in the walker while I run downstairs to change clothes and start dinner.

5:00-6:00 Make dinner, clean up the morning mess, feed Charlotte, hold Charlotte, play with Charlotte in the Bumbo seat.

6:00 dinner...a sweet time of togetherness with my family.

6:30-7:30 Sarah bathes the girls and I get started on my school work that I have brought home. When Char is done, I dress and play with her until her bedtime. Put Char down for the night.

7:30-8:00 Get my clothes ready for the next day, have sweet time with Hannah.

8:00-10:00 Sit on couch, snuggle with Hannah til bedtime, watch TV, work on school work.

If I am lucky, I get some computer time, but that has been limited since my laptop broke.

10:00 Shower and remake bed (I know, I know...but I can't get in a messy bed) Fall into bed.
Read by flashlight for approximately 2.3 minutes before I fall asleep.

And this is on a good day. Add in there cheer practice, end of year banquets and awards ceremonies, AWANA's, PTO meetings, faculty meetings, and it throws a wrench into it all.

It's hectic. It's stressful. It's tiring, oh it's tiring. BUT...I love it. Not perhaps while I'm living it, and I haven't been home in 13 hours and I walk in to a messy house, or when I wake up late and have to dig clothes for the girls out of the laundry pile and everything I have makes me look fat, and maybe when I haven't seen my husband except for an hour or two at night in a week. BUT, I do love the reasons behind it. I would much rather be too busy with a life full of children than lonely with a clean house. And days like today, while really really really long, was really really really good. One of those days that makes it all worth it.

Worth the years of being tired, being stressed, being rushed. Because tonight, Josh graduated. I cried --of course. But so so proud.
And of course, in true Coleman/Stone fashion, the camera broke as Josh walked across the stage to get his diploma. So...I'll have to gather and post the pictures when I"m not so tired and a bit less weepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment