As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back to School Shopping....Already?

Where has this summer gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating the end of another school year and putting away the backpacks and school supplies. And yesterday, we made our annual trip to Conyers to meet Grandma and Grandpa to buy school supplies. Josh wasn't with us--he is at the beach with Maranda and her family. But Hannah was there for her first ever school supply shopping trip! I don't know who was more excited, me or her!

I should have brought my camera to the restaurant where we ate dinner and into Staples to take pictures. I could have documented Grandma and Grandpa trying to figure out their new phones, Charlotte waiting so very impatiently for our food to arrive, and Hannah announcing to the entire store that she got some pencils, while skipping down the aisle!

As it is, of course....the camera was in the car the entire time. But I did get some shots when we got home!
Sarah giving a big thumbs up for school supplies. She says that she isn't excited for school to start, just the school supplies....right....

Maddy with her brand new spiffy calculator (that she has already figured out how to play games on!)

And Hannah, modeling her new backpack. It's a fuzzy picture because I was trying to catch Hannah mid pout/whine. She wanted to take all of her supplies out and "play" with them instead of pack them away and put them up. My girl comes by it honestly....she hates to wait!
I can guarantee that there will be many pictures to be taken on her first day of school (sniff sniff) and that I will be careful to set the auto focus first!

No comments:

Post a Comment