As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It started out so simply...

I got home from work and Daryl told me that Charlotte had been taking a few steps. I knew it was coming, and since I totally did not take any pictures of her bear crawl, I wanted to capture her first (or sorta first) steps.



Innocent really. I wanted to take pictures of my baby reaching a milestone.
However, Hannah chose this exact time to have a meltdown.



A meltdown that lasted approximately 45 minutes. Forty five minutes of crying, rolling on the floor, and simultaneously sobbing and informing us of the injustice of it all...having a little sister who everyone wants to take a picture of. Of no one wanting to pay attention to her.
Finally, even though she wasn't crying anymore, but "still had tears," she calmed down.

But by this time, this guy below had decided he had had enough and was leaving, declaring how much he couldn't wait to get to college where it would be peaceful.


Just another day in the Stone household.
And I love it. Honestly, truly, I do.
And within the next two weeks it will all change.
Josh will move out and into the dorm, leaving a Josh shaped hole in our family. And Daryl amidst a whole lot of estrogen.
Hannah will start school.
And Charlotte will soon forgo the bear crawl for toddling.
Too many changes. Too many of my babies growing up. Wish I could stop time and just appreciate the noise, the chaos, the constant drama just a little longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment