As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, July 22, 2010

RIP Blahteen

It's a bittersweet day. Josh is off at college orientation. It's the end of the summer. Hannah is starting school. And today...the ultimate dagger to the heart. On the way home from school today, Hannah told me, "You know what, Mommy? Blahteen is not a real number. It was just an idea in my 'magination." You remember blahteen? That magical number that appeared when Hannah got past the numbers she knew how to count to? "15, 16, blahteen." Sigh.

My baby is growing up. What will be the next to go? The twelve hugs before I leave the house? The "tickle my back like a spider?" Her shouting "I love you God!" to the sky when I answer her questions about Him? Will she be calling me Mom instead of Mommy? Please, Hannah Banana....Stay little! Stay just like this!

Speaking of growing up...Charlotte is starting to talk! So far, she has said these words:

thank you "day doo"
uh-oh "uh oh"
banana "nana"
amen "a-nen"

(We think she says mama and dada too, of course, but then again, Kay's husband thinks she says Papa too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment