As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Long weekends are my favorite. I'm back to work, so a long weekend really feels like a treat. None of the Sunday rush or Saturday cleanfest. A day longer to finish the mounds of laundry. Just feels a little bit like a gift. And Labor Day weekend was indeed that, a gift of time with my family. We really did nothing exciting, but it couldn't have made me happier.

We watched the Georgia game. My boy came home and we were all together.

'We' played in the sawdust. Yes, the deer in the headlights look. She tends to wear this expression quite often. This time, it was because she was covering the dog.

We bought a new grill to go on our newly built deck. Here is Daryl showing me all of the nifty buttons and features.
And posing with his "helper."

And here is the box that the grill came in. This picture was supposed to be the subject of a blog (after it had been sitting on our deck for a week), but Daryl has grown wise to my scheming/blogging ways and cut me off at the pass after only a day!

On the actual day, I took the girls--big and small-- to the park. The plan was for the big girls to play with the little girls while I walked the trail going around the park. Ahhhh...the best laid plans of mice and men....Charlotte put one pinky toe in the sand and started screaming, Sarah got stung by a yellow jacket, and we forgot the sand toys. I got in a good 40 minute walk, though. Alls well that ends well.
Between the bad beginning and the not so bad end, they had some fun...


And this is the fun that Charlotte had. Hard to believe that the last time the girls and I went to this park was last August 22, and I was waiting for Charlotte to be born. Now she's running away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment