As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, September 17, 2010

Rock City

As a child, one of the best vacations I remember included a visit to Rock City. Since then, I have been back several times--once when I was pregnant with Sarah, again when I was pregnant with Madeline, and once a few years ago with Sarah. I couldn't wait to go back, and I hoped that my girls would love Rock City in all of its cheesy glory too. They did.

Getting ready to go in.
Can you tell who is my rebel?
When we got to the swinging bridge, I was sure that Hannah would balk and refuse to go across. After all, Fat Man's Squeeze and Thread the Needle had earlier just about done her in. We got halfway across the stone bridge, and she took a look at the swinging bridge and declared she wanted to go across it. She loved it, jumping her way across!

After we got over the bridge, the girls were in awe.....


of this waterfall at Lover's Leap
Sarah and Maddy at the top of the mountain. Supposedly, you can see seven states from here. Do you see them?


Silly, silly girls....

Sitting under Balanced Rock

Maddy, my ever dramatic one...

This was always my favorite part, but given the darkness, the dampness, and the gnomes, I was sure that Hannah would hate it. And she did for a while. She actually walked through the first half with her eyes covered with her hands.

She made it through--the camera really didn't take good pictures inside, but I do believe I saw a smile or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment