As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My kind of cheer competition

I love watching Sarah's cheer competitions. I do. I used to watch them on TV when I was younger (and OK, when I was older and no one was home). I always wanted to be a cheerleader. I even tried out when I was in 8th grade. They chose 12 cheerleaders and 18 drill team members. I made neither. I was that bad. Looking back, now, I see why. I seriously lack any kind of rhythm, don't like people looking at me, and had quite a hard time getting my massive backside (yes, sigh, even then) off the ground. Then, though, I was crushed, and never tried out for anything again. But I digress....

Anyways...maybe because I was not cheerleader material, I especially enjoy, revel in even, my daughters being cheerleaders. And those girls at those competitions...a-maz-ing. But those competitions? Usually LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Which would be fine, would I be able to kick back with my stadium seat, a diet coke, and observe. But a toddler who has to be walking and a four year old who is easily bored do not a good competition experience make. Until today.

Today, we drove out to Peachtree City for a competition with a 12:00 start time. And we were out of there by 1:45. We got there just in time for the ELCA team to compete, ate lunch, and by the time we found our seats again (with a nifty space in front of us for the girls to play), it was awards time. Home by 2:15.

Sarah was sporting a new accesory for this competition, courtesy of her flyer.

Maddy loves to competitions too....just not this part.

And this is how Charlotte enjoys the competitions. And yes, the picture is blurry because yes folks, she has learned to run.
And here is my cheerleader/bruiser holding her team's third first place trophy of the season!


We've got three more weeks til the next competition. An hour and a half away. With over thirty teams competing.
They all can't be like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment