As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, March 18, 2011

OK....Five Minute Friday, Take 2.
And this time, Charlotte is asleep in her bed, and Hannah is half naked asleep next to me on the couch, so there is no excuse. And the topic? Easy.

Go.

On Waiting...
I have always had a hard time waiting, a hard time with delayed gratification. (Hello weight problem, credit card debt) But God is working on me. I look back on the last ten years of my life and I see how God has made me wait and the blessings that have come with it.

Take Hannah for instance. When Daryl and I decided that we wanted to have a baby, I wanted that baby NOW. I had always gotten pregnant easily, even without really trying, so when after a year we were not pregnant, I was upset. Distraught. Obsessive even. I scoured the internet. Charted, temped, joined websites, saw doctors. Daryl told me..."I have no doubt it will happen." But I didn't listen. I went ahead and approached having a baby the same way that I did with anything I really wanted--with zeal. And after 3 years, we still were not pregnant. So in all my wisdom, and my limited experience with waiting, I took it as a "no" from God and gave up.

Lost weight, concentrated on my teaching career, went on a mission trip. And what do you know? Twelve positive pregnancy tests later...The best thing I've ever waited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment