As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back to life...back to reality

And so real life begins again. No more staying in my pj's and watchingn Playhouse Disney with Hannah and feeding Charlotte while everyone else gets up and out. No more spending hours holding Charlotte and feeling her fuzzy little head against my neck. No more watching TLC all day. Or doing laundry in the middle of the week. Or having picnics on the living room floor.

Back to work for me tomorrow. And while I have missed working, I have a feeling that I am going to miss my sweet babies even more. The first few weeks of my maternity leave drove me crazy...just sitting at home all day, church being my only outlet or way to see people. The last two weeks, though, the kids have been super busy and we have had lots to do in the afternoons and evenings. It was perfect...a day of being at home, getting things done, enjoying the quality time with my little girls. Then off in the afternoon to the football game, the concert, to church.

Fortunately, Hannah and Charlotte will be able to stay home this week, so it won't feel so bad leaving them. Unfortunately, Charlotte is dealing with some tummy/formula issues and it breaks my heart to think of her hurting and me not there to comfort her.

And unfortunately, not a thing I can do about it--the having to leave part. And I know that, like with all of the others, I will get used to being away from her every day. But right now, that's little consolation.

Since it is my night to get up with her...maybe I'll be ready for a little break by 6 am????

No comments:

Post a Comment