As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bursting and Breaking

My heart is torn today. On one hand, it is bursting with pride for my baby boy, not so much a baby anymore. He's, as I write, on his way to Budapest Hungary. He is with a group of four students from our school that were chosen to participate in a youth leadership conference. They are the only US school chosen, and Josh is the only one chosen from his group to be a group leader at the conference. I am so proud of the man he has become, the values that he has, the strength of his convictions and faith, the way he has overcome and achieved.

On the other hand, my heart is breaking just a bit, as he flies across the ocean to the other side of the world. Three separate flights, three plane changes, 22 hours in the air, 10 days away. I know this is what we've prepared him to do, and that we've done our job, but still, the momma heart inside me feels as if a little bit has been carved out and taken with him.

But enough of that...it will be a long ten days if I focus on the momma heart and not on God's will for his life, so onto sweeter things....

Hannah helped Josh pack last night. "Rolled up" all his t-shirts for him and presented them to him with a "Ta-da!"

One last time in the tent with her "brubba"

My world traveler before heading to the airport.

I had planned to take pictures at the airport, but we were running late and had to stop and get gas, and then at the gas station, the card reader didn't work, and it was pouring down rain, and we were late, and so...no pictures. It was a quick good bye (because much to Josh's chagrin, we were late--he is soooo me!) and off he went!


No comments:

Post a Comment