As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homecoming

Last night was ELCA's homecoming football game, and I ventured out without the little girls for the first time since Charlotte was born. I'd been to the store, to get my haircut, left them in the nursery at church, but this was the first time I had left them for a long period of time. It felt strange, and for a while, my heart and arms ached for them. Then the chaos of Homecoming at ELCA began and I was hot and sweaty and there were tons of people, and I was glad they were home bonding with Daddy!

Both Josh and Maranda were on the Homecoming court this year. Josh, of course, wasn't here, but Maranda looked stunning!
The Chargers won something like 53 to 3...so it was a good night!
Today, on what is supposed to be a rainy Saturday, we are cleaning the house in preparation for Josh to come home/Maranda to come over/me to go back to work. We'll also step out later to take Sarah to get her sports physical (gotta love Walgreens Take Care Clinics!) so she can compete in her first varsity competition next Saturday, and then to get haircuts.

Josh's plane lands at 7:11 pm. We can't wait to see him!


No comments:

Post a Comment