As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I realized today that I have totally and completely broken my New Year's resolution to post every day. And thinking of something to post about every day is tough. We often have days that are just unremarkable. Nothing worth photographing. Nothing worth recording for posterity. Today is one of those days. Now that Halloween is over, it's like the calm after the storm (and yes, I do know that this is backwards!) So, instead, a meme that someone sent to me last week.....


1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . . is far less important than its made out to be at the age of 13.

2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . .is much more than a career, but a calling...and defines me much more than it should.

3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving alone. . . I like the fact that I can control the radio station selection.

4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . . to spend a good three hours in my closet, organizing the chaos.

5. I’ve come to realize that I have lost. . . the ability to stay up later than 10:00 pm. Sad. I've turned into my grandmother.

6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . . I compare myself to other people. And I do this waaaayyyy to much.

7. I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk. . . someone has slipped something into my diet coke. I don't drink.

8. I’ve come to realize that money. . . goes just as fast...no matter how much we have.

9. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . . enjoy the drama.

10. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . . NOT. (see above)

11. I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . . have a lot in common with each other, and not so much with me, but I still wish we were closer.

12. I’ve come to realize that my mom. . . was and is a much better mother than I will ever be. And that is OK. June Cleaver I will never be, but I think so far, my kids have turned out pretty great.

13. I’ve come to realize that cell phones. . . are a mother's best friend. I love it that I can always get in touch with them.

14. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . . I slept for 9 1/2 hours and actually dreamt for the first time in weeks.

15. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . . I enjoy falling asleep with sweet three year old breath on my neck.

16. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . . how much I enjoy my kids now that they are older, and I really didn't think I would. I have great teenagers!

17. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . . is one of the most generous people I know, and that I have been blessed by his generosity way more than I deserve.

18. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . . it is totally addicting. I love facebook...and catching up with old friends. And strangely, looking at their pictures. Funny how all of the things that mattered in high school don't so much today.

19. I’ve come to realize that today. . . was so much better than yesterday in so many ways.

20. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . .there is a big bright full moon. Anyone who is a teacher or an insomniac knows what that means.

21. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . .I will spend an hour on a bus,carsick, with 80 first graders, on the way to Rock Ranch. Five hours later, I will spend an hour a bus, carsick, with about 10 first graders on the way back to school. I love that almost every child will have a parent present on the field trip.

22. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . . lose massive amounts of weight, wear a bikini, run a 5K, feel good about myself again. I also want to raid Hannah's candy bucket, but that would defeat the purpose, now, wouldn't it?

23. I’ve come to realize that the some people… will never get it.

24. I’ve come to realize that life. . . really is too short, like everyone always said. And that I've wasted too much precious time being afraid.

25. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . . was heavenly. No school work.

26. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . . is the Grease soundtrack. This movie can always make me happy.

27. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . . that I have now are so much different than those that I had ten years ago.

28. I’ve come to realize that this year. . . has been amazing and amazingly difficult, all in one.

29. I’ve come to realize that my ex(s)...paved the road for my life today. And as hurtful as it was, I would not change it for a thing.

30. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . . ...choose my clothes for tomorrow tonight, thus avoiding the "stand in the closet and cry because everything I try on is either too big, too small, missing a button, stained, or dirty. OR...I can't find it" routine.

31. I’ve come to realize that I love. . . my kids much more than I thought I could.

32. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . . the secret to a clean house. or where all of the socks go.

33. I’ve come to realize my past. . . affects me much more than I would like. And I hate it that it has that much control.

34. I’ve come to realize that parties. . . are scary when you are shy.

35. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . . dying and leaving my children motherless. Even though I know that I would be running to the arms of my savior, for now, I would much rather have my children running into mine.

36. I’ve come to realize that my life. . . is far too amazing and complex to answer in one sentence. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment