As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Very Thankful

Today, and every day, I am thankful for....

Jesus That He loves me despite the fact I am often unloveable, that He saved me despite the fact that I do not deserve it, that even if I were the only one on earth, He would have died for me. Just amazing....mind boggling....but amazing.

Daryl Out of all the men in all the world, there could be a more perfect match for me. He is the kindest, gentlest, most patient man I know, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. He has shown me what true love really looks, sounds, and feels like and I have no doubt that we're in this forever. He makes me laugh every day, and even after 8 years, I still can't wait to see him at the end of the day.

My children Each one is a precious gift from God, and each has enriched my life in a different, wonderful way. I can not imagine my life without even one of them, and I thank God every day for allowing me to be their mother.

My parents Unconditional love and acceptance, even when they don't really understand. They have always been there for me and the kids, and always will. Their generosity amazes me.

My in-laws Both sets :) They both love the children so much and they are great grandparents. The Louisiana grandparents make every effort to stay involved in their lives, even if their son doesn't. Daryl's parents welcomed us with open arms and open hearts the very first time we met.

My church family We may not be the biggest church, but I do not think I have ever met a more loving, giving group of people. I have learned and grown so much in my walk with the Lord.

My job In a time when so many are unemployed, I am so grateful to be employed, and to love what I do and the people I work with. I get to teach children about Jesus and to show them His love. What could be better?

My health After the last three months, I will never again take my health for granted. I am even thankful for the high blood pressure and the problems that came with it, for it has led me to change my lifestyle for the better.

So much to be thankful for. Pictures of our Thanksgiving to come tomorrow--the camera battery is charging tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment