As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Pictures

We had a great Thanksgiving Day, as we traveled to Lake Oconee to celebrate with my family--my parents, my sister and her husband, and my brother. We were a little sad not to have the big kids with us, but it was a good day all the same. It has been since Christmas last year that we have all been together, so it was nice to catch up.

Here's Charlotte, all ready for the trip to the lake. She looks like a boy, but I couldn't resist putting her in her Thanksgiving shirt that my mom got her. Couldn't find a headband that matched and figured that everyone there knew she was a girl anyways! She did real well on the trip there, nary a peep from her. the way back was a different story!
My little sister, Kathleen holding her newest neice. I can't wait to hold her children!
Hannah in the too cute car!
Kath and Jason brought their dog, Bri, along for the trip. What a sweet old dog! She didn't jump up on the counter or beg once. I would have been so embarrassed to have our dogs there!

Charlotte missed her swing--and so did we! She slept very little while we were there, hanging out in Grandma's arms (thanks, Mom, for letting me eat!) or on the floor.
The "boys" minus Daryl (who was playing cars with Hannah) watching the Green Bay game and talking Alabama football.

A family picture, minus grandma. Ya know how you never realize how old you look until you see a picture of yourself? I'm just sayin....

After a loud trip home (Thank you Charlotte!), Hannah decided she was going to make pie!

Speaking of pie....I did extremely well yesterday, food wise. I had decided that I was just going to throw caution to the wind and eat at Thanksgiving, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was not worth it. Dieting is so much in my head, and I tend to have an all or nothing mentality. One slip, and usually, that is my excuse to give up entirely. I had turkey and green beans, strawberries, and one tablespoon of mashed potatoes and stuffing. Then when I got home, I made myself a meal that I had already calculated the points.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This morning, we are enjyoing Black Friday from our home. We both hate crowds and lines and waiting, so we do not go out on this day. I did make a trip to the grocery store for some staples, but from here on out we are home together, fire in the fireplace, getting the house in order so we can decorate when the kids get home (TOMORROW!!! Yippee!) I am also furiously working on Hannah's stocking...remember the one that I started on when I first found out I was pregnant? Not sure it will get done in time for this year or not, but it will be done eventually! And for Charlotte....I guess I have four years to finish hers too!
Daryl watched the girls while I cleaned and mopped the kitchen. Hannah had fun "helping" Charlotte play with her babies.
***Note to self: Check setting on the camera before you start taking pictures, or otherwise they will end up all blurry!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    Thanks for taking the time to blog. I love reading about your life! I love you! Tell my brother and your wonderful sweet children I love them too. I am so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete