As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ahhh...the new year. A time for reflecting on the year past and making plans for the year ahead. This is generally the time when I make all of these grand resolutions about getting organized, losing weight, becoming more fiscally responsible, reading my Bible more. And I do well for about....two months. (Some of them less than that...remember "One Year to Becoming Organized?" Epic Fail) So this year...I've got one. Just one. To become healthier.

Now compared to last year at this time, I am much healthier, but there is still room for improvement. An online friend gave me the idea to only make a goal for one month at a time, and that way it is easier to achieve and not give up. So, for the month of January, these are my get healthy goals:

Physically: Only one diet coke a week. Exercise at least 3 times per week. Lose 5 pounds.

Financially: Save my tutoring checks and open a Christmas account.

Spiritually: Have my quiet time every day--or shall I say, stay awake through my quiet time. Morning just doesn't work for me. I end up with my mind racing through the things I need to do, or Charlotte or Hannah wake up, or the lure of the bed is just too strong. So I've been doing it at night, which works for me because it also puts me in the right frame of mind to sleep instead of worry. But many times, I find myself falling asleep, Bible open, pen in hand.

So that's it for January. a bit more than the one goal, but not grand by any stretch of the imagination, and I think, totally do-able. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you said one goal and set about 5 there! Good luck with them - I'm aiming for more exercise too - we'll see how long it lasts!

    ReplyDelete