As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The small stuff...

Wouldn't it be nice if you could still find joy in the little things....
Like reading a book with your sister

silky pajama pants
(she must have spent 5 minutes feeling her legs!)





and skipping!



Oh how I wish that I could keep them this small. That I could keep them happy with Barbie princess movies, skipping, cookies, and pajama pants. That I would never have to decide whether being a good parent means protecting them from being hurt or being there to pick up the pieces. Never have to see an eye roll, or watch them walk out of the room, tears in their eyes. Never have to watch them hurt or struggle with self esteem. Never have to watch them make the same mistakes that I did at their age.
I wish I could always keep them like this--joyful, innocent, in love with life--skipping!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Just perfect for today! I am glad to see you are "back" in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete