As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Being stuck in the house all last week with sick kids led me to some realizations:

1. Stay at home moms are awesome. And I am not. I do not possess the patience, the imagination, the motivation, nor the self control around food to be a successful stay at home mom. I love my girls, don't get me wrong. I love being with them. But man...it's hard. I loved it for the first two days. And then I loved it for the first three hours of each day. By today, I really thought I would go insane if Charlotte screeched one.more.time. This probably says loads about my skills as a parent, but I freely admit it. God gave me the passion to teach for a reason.

2. Taking off the cover of a carseat to wash it may seem like a good idea at the time, but I have not the mental capacity to put it back together. Nor the humility to admit that I need help. In retrospect, spraying it down with the hose would have been a much easier/less confusing option.

3. Josh has two baby books and three scrapbooks devoted to the first three years of his life. Sarah has one baby book and one scrap book. Maddy has an empty baby book somewhere, and six pages in a scrapbook. Hannah--she has a scrapbook with her ultrasound pictures (that I made when I was on bedrest), a bunch of pictures on the computer, and the blog. She also has a piece of paper where I wrote down all the words she knew at about 20 months. Charlotte is a complete blog baby. Which means I need to start making sure that I start blogging more so I have something to remember her babyhood by, and she doesn't grow up feeling like she was neglected (like Maddy mightily accused us of after perusing Josh and Sarah's scrapbooks and then looking and looking for hers).

So without further ado...
Charlotte's very own list of words at 19 months

mama
dada
nana (Hannah)
ni ni (night night)
ba (ball)
ba ba (bottle) (sigh)
ice
coco (cookie)
where'd it go?
more
baby
dudder (Tucker)
kak kak (quack, quack or duck)
shoes (so proud!)
hey
no
ball
where hannah go?
tay tay (Kay Kay)
papa
bub bob (spongebob)
toes
nose
teet (teeth)
dog
again
tara (sarah)
daddy (maddy)
And then of course...anything and everything can be obtained by the high pitched squeal/clenched fists...just to make her stop!
Obligatory good mommy task completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment