As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two Weeks...

is a long time without blogging. I could say that there was nothing worth blogging about, but that would not be true. I can always take pictures of my sweet children. Truth be told, I think the winter weather has had me in a funk. It's been so long since we have been able to be outside and enjoy the sunshine....so long since we've actually seen the sunshine. But today, it was beautiful and Hannah and I spent part of our afternoon at the sand park, and I came home with a bit of sun on my cheeks and a much improved mood. Still not a lot to share...it's been a bit monotonous around here, but there have still been some fun times.


Push-up contests
funny hats



and Barbies...lots and lots and lots of Barbies. This is Hannah's newest obsession. She has a Barbie camper, a Barbie bedroom, and four different playsets--a jungle, a castle, a farm, and a dollhouse. Still, she insists on setting it up all over the foyer.


She sets it up like a house with rooms--I would have LOVED this as a child


Hannah in all of her Barbie-induced joy


and she even let her little sister play along


And...that's about the extent of our excitement around here. Daryl is working his three jobs. Josh is working two. The rest of us are only working one (me, a teacher; the girls, students; and Charlotte, hard at work at playing and learning new words like "NO!") and missing our boys.
Hopefully, life, like my mood, will lighten up and I will have something exciting (or even remotely interesting) to post about!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Barbies! My best idea was building their house in a cabinet - shut the door and no mess, plus it made a 2-story house due to the shelf! Of course that was when I was 11, so I was advanced!

    ReplyDelete