As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week In Review

Our week started with Valentine's Day. The kids and I had celebrated at school on Friday, and Daryl and I had celebrated on Saturday night with date night, so really it was anti-climactic. But still, true to form, Daryl remembered his women.

Bears and roses for Hannah and the big girls

and for Charlotte too (she couldn't have the rose because of the thorns and her propensity to eat anything and everything, and Hannah claimed the bear as hers, but oh well...it's the thought, right?)
and even me. I've become a coffee drinker of sorts since I gave up my morning Diet Coke, but had been taking it in the car in styrofoam cups. As a result, it wuold quickly go cold and just as quickly end up on me. (to anyone who knows me...does this surprise you?) I say I'm a coffee drinker of sorts...the sort that really doesn't like coffee unless you load it with cream and sugar and still just sips about 1/4 of it, but it's kept away the caffeine headache.

And for dinner? What says "I love you" more than grilled cheese and vegetable soup? Especially when said grilled cheese isn't cut into cute little hearts and my children wouldn't eat vegetable soup if their life or cell phones depended on it.

Tuesday-Thursday went by in a blur, and Frid
ay was our monthly Family Fun night. Usually it's on a Saturday, but this Saturday was leaving for a mission trip in Jamaica.
Can you tell how excited she is????
(In case....let me tell you. I have seen this pose with the words, "4 days to Jamaica, SQUEAL!" too many times in the last two weeks)


Daryl and the now traditional family night hamburgers


The rest of the night was playing a fun game of Pictionary Man and laughing til our stomachs hurt. We really stink at that game.
This morning, Sarah was up and at 'em at 4:30 am (YAWN), ready for her trip.




She's in the air now, on her very first plane ride to her very first mission trip in her very first foreign country. I remember when I got to be part of all these firsts!
In other fun news this week, yesterday, I got this!

Now I don't know if this book is any good or not, but that's the point. Goodreads sent it to me (for free!) and all I have to do is write a review for it for their website. How cool is that? Free book and I get to write about it.
And my girls. Inseperable, eating their morning cereal together.

And lastly, my boy getting ready to go to his new job as a cook at 15th Street Pub in McDonough. He still has his other job at Gamestop, and is going to school. He's finding it expensive to have a car and girlfriend, and is also trying to save to hopefully go to Toccoa Falls in another year and a half.

We're off for the next week for winter break--at least those of us who go to ELCA are. The rest of the family lost their winter break when we were out a week for the snow and ice. We'll be going to see the babies--Clare and Cole--tomorrow after church, then coming back for Josh's birthday (19--wow, how did that happen?) and then back for some quality Grandma and Grandpa time. Hopefully lots more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment