As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, February 21, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go

It's Winter Break for ELCA (but not for Henry County--boo!) so we took the opportunity to go to my mom's house when we knew Clare and Cole (and Kath of Jason of course!) would be there. It was a short trip--we left after Sunday school and were back in time for the Amazing Race--but it was well worth the drive!

Hannah's new big girl hairstyle. She needs a good bang cutting, but we couldn't find the time or the money, and it always looks like I did it with hedge trimmers when I try, so Maddy got her some headbands. I was so surprised by how big she looks!

Clare--so cute. She started running a fever while we were there-she always seems to get sick when we are visiting!
And Cole--what an adorable smile!

And my beautiful sister, Kathleen--their momma. (that still sounds so weird!)


Another highlight of the trip--BOOKS! My aunt sends my mom all of her books that she reads when she is done, and my mom let me pick some to take home. Being the geek that I am, I was just about giddy, searching through the big box. This came at the perfect time, too, as my Goodwill pile next to my bed was running low!

The "too cute car" makes its comeback! Hannah is just about too big for it (or in Hannah's words, "This car is getting to small for me!) Charlotte showed an interest for the first time ever--throwing one of her mini-tantrums when she didn't get her turn. Here is Hannah patiently waiting her turn (so proud of her!) and pushing her sister!

Daryl stayed home to work on the floor--since he was tiling the new breakfast room, he thought he would repair the tiles that needed it in the kitchen as well. We returned to this, and although the pictures are a little fuzzy, but yo get the idea!



When I texted him to tell him that we were on the way home, he texted back saying, "Just remember, sometimes to make progress you have to go backwards a little bit." Ha! He knows me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment