As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

As if I needed any more reminders that she is growing up....

This morning, it was a chilly 14 degrees when it was time to load the little girls in the truck with Daryl, so I quick grabbed the only hat she owns...the hat they placed on her little bitty head as soon as she was born. Then, it was too big, had to be folded over, and still it kept falling over her eyes (which, luckily, as a newborn blob, made no difference to her). Now, 4 months and 12 days later, it was all I could do to stretch it down over her ears and quick snap a picture before it snapped off. Guess it's time to invest in a proper hat...or it needs to get warmer! They are actually predicting snow for this week, but I guess she will be staying in!!


With the new year and all, I thought maybe I should also be giving a little update on the diet front. I did so well until Christmas Day. Totally and completely lost it at my mom's house--there are only so many holidays that you can resist the asparagus casserole...and the turtle pie...leftover turkey...Christmas cookies. It was definitely not pretty, but not the usual binge, which tends to be of epic proportions. And well, let's just say this...."ke-thunk, ke-thunk, kethunk." That would be the sound of the proverbial wagon running over me. You see, I didn't just fall off of the wagon, but took a flying leap with a two and a half twist to land flat on my back under it. Nine days later, I felt horrible and decided to face the music, ummm I mean, scale. To my utter shock and surprise, it was only up 1.5 pounds, and in the last two days, all but the .5 is gone as well. I would really love to tell you that I am excited to be back on track and eating right, but truth be told, ehhh...I'd rather be eating turtle pie than carrot sticks. I'm hoping that watching The Biggest Loser tonight will give me some much needed motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment