As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of those days...a vent

You know, one of those days. All day long. From the moment I woke up (late, I may add) until this very minute--which is 8:20 pm, by the way, and I am just now sitting down. I should have known when I awoke at 12:40, decided to read for a few minutes, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 4:00....am. Or when I did wake up, Daryl was coming out of the shower instead of laying beside me in bed, right leg crossed over left knee, pre-talking stage. Or...when I took my morning blood pressure and it was high. All of these things pointed to a rough day. And what I should have done right then and there, was relax and meditate on God's word, pray, be still, listen. But instead, I did what comes naturally, and turned to my old friend, fear, and had a massive panic attack that did little to lower my blood pressure and sent my body and mind reeling. Luckily I didn't have to go to work this morning and was instead taking Charlotte for her 4 month check up, but it didn't subside until I was well on my way from the doctor and on the way to work. Work was work today, complete with a fire drill during kindergarten-first grade lunch (I mean, c'mon people), a room with no windows and the heat stuck on 85, and consequently a class full of tired, cranky, frustrated six and seven year olds. The afternoon and evening were busy, as I tried to balance getting the big girls to tumbling, the little girls from the sitter and to Nanny's, everyone fed, and me out of the panyhose with the huge run in them and the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. But we're home, we're safe, and together again, and for that I am truly thankful.


And smiling even. Because even though I am tired---bone tired--worn slap out, even; even though the house is a mess and it's late and it's almost time for bed already again, I do have so many many blessings. One of which is my sweet family, my precious children. One of whom in particular is becoming a teenager tomorrow. Sniff sniff. And so, after the day that never ends, I came home and made a cake. With lots of help from Hannah.

Licking the beaters with "big brudder."

Chocolate face
Maddy's birthday presents all ready for the opening. And yes,...that is a Christmas tree by the fireplace--a little bitty Charlie Brown tree, but still. Hannah keeps adding stuff to it and I sorta like it.
Off to put little bit to bed, and then hopefully, the end...FINALLY...of this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment