As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, My Heart....

Maddy to the rescue!!! Maddy so sweetly lent us our camera for today as we headed up to Toccoa Falls for a campus visit. It was really a good day, and I think I handled it well. That could have something to do with the fact that I had a mini breakdown last night as I pictured my baby leaving me...to college, out on his own, getting married, and then heading off to worlds unknown to spread the Gospel. All I had to do was go get Sarah from Spivey. Delilah was on the radio waxing sentimentally and playing sweet songs about a mother's love and I was toast. Sigh.

Anyways, with that out of my system, I looked forward to today and I ended up enjoying the day with my two men. I left there excited for Josh and that magical time yet to come.

Here's Josh and Daryl before we hit the road.

Notice anything strange about this picture? Yep, that would be the GPS charger hanging out the window. As soon as we pulled out of the driveway, I so gracefully dropped it in my water, rendering it useless. Unfortunately, this groundbreaking technique was unsuccessful.
Here we are at the admissions office. You can't really tell in the picture, but outside the office there was a sign welcoming him personally to campus!
We spent the day on campus. We started in chapel where we had some great worship time and a good message about organizing your time to include the most important things. From there, Josh sat in on a class while Daryl and I meandered about the bookstore and student center before we went and hid out in the warm car. We had lunch in the student center, met with the admissions counselor, and then had a campus tour with our guide, Ricky.
It was cold, but oh so beautiful. Here is Toccoa Falls. It is higher than Niagara Falls and just breathtaking.

And here is us in front of it--Ricky, our guide, took the picture.

This is the men's dorm. Part of the back of it is under reconstruction after the recent flooding.

The World Mission Center, newly built, where Josh would have most of his mission courses.

So now we pray. It is rather expensive, and way beyond our means, but we know that nothing is impossible for God and we feel confident that if this is where He is leading Josh, then He will, somehow provide. He loved it, and we did too. I can totally see him there. It is a very small school and everyone knows each other. The average class size is 15, and the professors are involved with the students. I really enjoyed the Christian spirit on the campus, knowing that the students and professors alike shared a love for God.
Patience, I think I mentioned, is not one of my virtues. But now we wait. Please pray with us as we wait on the Lord and we listen for his leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment