As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Full

The question invariably comes 5-6 times every Monday morning.

"How was your weekend?" they will ask.

"Good, but short! And yours?" I will reply.

But what I want to say is "Full....really full." Because it is. Always. Wonderfully so.

This weekend, it was full of soccer. Josh is playing soccer again for the first time since he was in third grade. He had to play goalie on Friday night in his first game--unexpectedly too, as their usual goalie was deemed ineligible due to some exchange student rule. They lost, but he fought valiantly!
It's full of sweet little (and some not so little) girls. Like this one, wearing some too cute shoes...
and this one, posing for a picture...

and asking her daddy to do the same.

It was full of family. My family came on Saturday to celebrate Josh's birthday. We went to Red Lobster and then back home. I forgot to take pictures....arg. We were supposed to spend Sunday celebrating Daryl's sister, Darlene's, 50th birthday in Cumming, but a dead Expedition in the driveway--the only car that can carry us all, put a halt to those plans. We love you, Darlene! We're so sorry we missed it!

But most of all, wwhat our weekend (excuse me MY weekend) is usually full of is laundry. See this below? This is all of the big kids' laundry that I washed and folded this weekend. And this is just the stuff that made it to the laundry room. I have made one room of our wall into a laundry closet of sorts...all of the kids' clothes are folded and put down here for them to take up and put away (or in most cases, leave there).
And here are the little girls's clothes


And the dreaded sock basket--one of those huge rubbermaid tubs filled almost to the top.

And that's not all...after doing the laundry, I have to pack up the little girls for Kay Kay's house. Hannah, with 5 outfits on the left. Charlotte with 15 outfits on the right.

And then set out my clothes for the week to avoid the morning stress.

And still, after a bottle of laundry detergent, ten or more loads of laundry, and two hours straight of folding and sorting and packing and matching...
there is still this....


and just for the record, this is NOT part of the "wonderfully full" part...but they say I will miss even this.
Our schedules are full, the washer and dryer are full, and my heart is full of love for my sweet babies (including the big guy). The only thing not full is ME. I'm on Day 2 of the official "dagum it, I am going to lose weight" diet--otherwise known as the "eat only things that taste like cardboard and not enough to make you feel like you really just ate" diet. Trying to be positive. Trying to tell myself that the empty feeling in my stomach is a good sign. Trying to no obsess over how hungry I am. Now if I could just convince myself that this caramel flavored rice cakes are just as good as the homemade brownies that Louise made for Josh's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment