As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, February 8, 2010

The post wherein I give thanks that I'm not married to a drug addict...and other ramblings

Thankfully, the great Superbowl gall bladder incident is over. After over 16 hours of excruciating pain. Never did get him to go to the doctor, but thanks to the Charlotte's "birth" day kidney stone incident, we had some handy dandy pain killers left over. Oxycodone to be exact. It was 11 hours before we came up with the idea that these might work, and work they did, allowing him to sleep and his pain to subside. I didn't doubt that they would, but I dreaded the letdown. We understand why teenagers steal these from their parents, why people forge subscriptions. They work, but they are also terribly addicting. Last time he took them, he took one a day for three days and then experienced a period of withdrawal that totally changed his mood and gave him a horrible headache. This time, so far, just the headache, knock on wood. This tiny little brush with prescription pain killers makes me supremely grateful that I am married to a squeaky clean Baptist boy. We are hoping and praying that he makes it to his physical (a free appointment...yay!) next Tuesday without incident with careful eating (aka not eating everything in sight on the weekends because you dieted all week).

***************************************************************************
Charlotte is 5 months old now--actually 5 1/2 months. It seems as if she is growing by leaps and bounds every day. For the first time ever, I actually miss her being a little baby. She's a busy little thing, interested in everything, but not everyone. (She much prefers her momma, ahem). She's eating cereal and baby food--bananas and green beans being her favorites. She's reaching for toys and putting everything that makes it into her hands into her mouth. She's thisclose to sitting by herself.

She's also doing this--doesn't she look like a cuter (much much cuter)version of Dobby, the elf, from Harry Potter? Think it must be the ears!

And she's doing this.
won't be long til she's crawling!
*****************************************************
More happiness.

It is Teacher Appreciation Week at school, and my sweet room mom gave me this nifty little bag to carry my teacher stuff in. It is no secret to anyone that I am organizationally challenged. In fact, and I can not believe I am admitting this, one of my parents suggested that I have a clean up day once a month in my classroom. It was on an anonymous end of the year evaluation form that our principal has our parents fill out, and it just crushed me at the time, but I have since found the humor and the rather large kernel of truth in her statements. But I digress...I LOVE THIS BAG! It has so many little pockets and cute little places to put things that I can't help but be organized, at least for the short drive home each afternoon!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'll leave you with a Hannah story--that some found funny--and that I found completely embarrassing...
Scene: In Hannah's room, during the Super Bowl Party, with the pastor's wife (who has all boys, so playing with Hannah is a treat for her...or so she thinks)

Hannah, passing quite a bit of noxious gas: "Excuse me! Excuse me!"
Louise, the pastor's wife: Oh! Do you need to go potty?
Hannah: Oh, no. I just tooted. You know, sometimes I just like to do that!

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment