and probably my only blog award! I can honestly say that I am more excited about this than I should be...mainly because I really do think that most days, it's my mom and my daughters (who are looking for pictures of themselves) reading this. Anywho, a big big big thank you to Lynn from Living La Vida Loca who nominated me. Lynn is a friend from high school who is a cardiologist, a mom, an incredibly funny blogger, and in her spare time, a sewist (ya know, I just learned this word...I have been saying seamstress instead...but sewist is a real word!)
So, I really am not sure I am deserving of an award for being creative. I'm not one of those super creative people, and aside from my uncanny ability to create children (even when I am not trying!) and piles of junk around my house and the constant stream of consciousness turned blog post in my head, I don't really create anything. But never mind the details. I'm supposed to list 7 little known details about myself and then nominate 7 other people. So here goes...
1. I read magazines from the back to the front. Which makes it a good thing that the only magazines I read are mainstream tabloid magazines like People and US and Star which have their articles all contained in one page.
2. I wanted to be a gymnast as a child and made up countless "beam" routines on the railroad ties that lined our driveway.
3. I once created an entire book featuring the Partridge Family in different places--the zoo, the store, an amusement park.
4. I do not like pickles, mustard, or tuna fish. Not in a box, not with a fox, not here or there or anywhere.
5. Speaking of which... I know most of the Dr. Seuss books by heart and have actually written a few for my first graders in classic Seuss style.
6. I still love to color. And do.
7. I am realizing that I am pretty much an open book and there is very little that is "little known" about me.
I am a prolific blog reader. Maybe I am a secret voyeur, but I love taking a little peek into the lives of others. I follow many. too many. I spend at least half an hour to an hour a night catching up on my google reader list. But I guess in keeping with the creative (or Kreativ) theme, I'll go with the following:
1. Kristin at It's a Wonderful Wyatt Life
She is my niece, a mom of three little boys, a woman of faith. She is so creative in the things that she does with her boys as she homeschools. How she does all that she does while maintaining a perfect figure and a perfect home, I will never understand. Remarkable!
2. http://resolved2worship.xanga.com/: This woman simply amazes me. Just check her out. You will immediately see how creative she is--and with seven children!
3. Katie from Love and Life on the Rock
An online friend who has endured incredible heartbreak over the last two years and emerged with a strong faith and incredible grace. The whole theme of her blog is creative, and just beautifully written.
And yes, that's only three. But that will have to do because: a. I obviously have some work to do on the "making links" part of blogging. I've done three and it's taken me half an hour to do so. and b. I have a three year old with a fever laying on my chest saying (demanding) "Tickle my back like a spider!"
Ahhh....award winner or not...a woman's work is never done!