As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, February 26, 2010

just one of those weeks...

Every once in a while, I come home from work, look around the house, and go into a funk. I don't see the sweet pictures on the refrigerator of friends and family. I see the fingerprints, the dirty drink dispenser, the dust bunny under the vent. I don't see Hannah's artwork hanging on the cabinet, but her artwork on the back of the couch. I see the piles of laundry, the sink full of dishes, the living room...oh the living room, the sea of toys on Hannah's floor, the bathroom trash that someone (who shall remain nameless, but it's YOU...who had trash this week) forgot. I see the baby belly, six months after the baby was born. The hair that I was too tired to style. The clothes that I inadvertently wore to work with spit up stains and a missing button. And after seeing all that, I lose it. Usually, my lovely (and I do mean lovely, not being snarky here) children and the dogs (which aren't so lovely) are the recipients of this frustration. This month, and it does seem to be once a month, always on a Friday (hmmmmm....), I just kept it all inside and what I have come away with is a funk I can't shake. I am hoping that a good night's sleep, a weekend with family, Hannah hugs, and baby smells, will snap me out of it. Six hours into my weekend, though, and I remain unsnapped. Daryl has taken all the kids--except Charlotte--to Josh's soccer game and I have had three hours to myself. Resisting the temptation to go get a sleeping Charlotte out of her bed for a snuggle. Oh, I'd regret it, I know. But right now, a little fuzzy head, some baby drool, and those big eyes...that might be just the ticket. It's a lot less dangerous than a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream...but just as sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you overcome the funk. I've had days like that & sometimes lying on the couch with a book was the cure; other times throwing myself into housework did it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete