As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, March 5, 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

I so desperately wanted a day off today. It had been a hectic, busy week at home and at school and I wanted nothing more than to stay home today, clean my house, do my laundry, watch mindless TV, maybe go for a walk. But I knew I would never do it, since my parapro's mother just had open heart surgery, and I don't like to trust my class to anyone else. Still...I left my sub plans and everything ready...just in case.

At 8:30 last night, Hannah said, "My tummy hurts. Can I have some chocolate pudding?" Didn't think anything of it, really. At 9:00 we tucked her into bed and started watching our Thursday night tv. We had gotten through Survivor and were halfway through The Office when we heard great screams from the little girls' room. And there Daryl found Hannah, laying in bed, covered with vomit, saying, "I should have never eaten the chocolate pudding!"

Thus began a very long 24 hours. Throwing up, high fevers, numerous loads of laundry, lots of crying, and little sleep. We thought we had crossed he bridge to wellness when she hadn't thrown up in 8 hours and had actually kept down the motrin and her fever was down from 103.7 to 100. Well, we thought wrong, and I had a soggy lap to prove it. We still are hoping that we are putting this behind us and that we will have a restful night...all of us. Because really, she was just so pitiful.
Poor Charlotte got the short end of the stick today. She went to Kay's, as to hopfully dodge this bullet/illness. When Daryl got home with her, I had just gotten home from a marathon doctor visit and search for Feverall suppositories. (By the way, the latter is NOT fun with a sick three year old) Then I had to go to the grocery store for baby cereal, and then by the time I got home for good, it was time to feed her and she was ready for bed. I am hoping for some good snuggle time tomorrow!
Speaking of Miss Charlotte, look what she can do!
My sweet sweet baby girl is getting too big too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment