As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Day 2

No cute pictures as of yet, seeing as it is only 7:45 in the morning, but I do need to ask for prayer.

My blood pressure is up, way up. I don't really know why, and I suspect that my overactive imagination and my anxiety/panic attacks are pushing it higher. I am calling the doctor today, even though it is down a little from last night, it is nowhere near what it normally is.

Please pray that the dr. can find a way to get it to come down. But more than that, please pray for peace for me. My achilles heel is my children. I am so scared that something will happen to me and I won't get to see them grow up. Dumb, unfounded, but still, a huge part of me that I can't seem to fix. (but really, can we fix anything?)

As I climb into the Word to my go -to verse Jeremiah 29:11 and I read past it to Jeremiah 29:13, I know that recently, I have not been seeking Him with my whole heart, but the part of my heart and my time that is left over after everything else is taken care of. I KNOW I need to make a conscious effort to start my day and end my day with study, prayer, and meditation. I KNOW I need to let it all go...from my heart, and from my mind as I go to church and focus on the message. I KNOW that this is part of my life that lapses again and again and again. The most important thing I need to take care of each day is often the thing that is neglected. Of that I am not proud. Not proud that it takes a major life tragedy or a health scare for me to return to Him. But so thankful, that like the prodigal son, I will be welcomed with open arms.

So please pray. I have to work today and take the kids here and there and Daryl is gone all day and evening. I know I can get through it all, depending on Him. Funny how I don't fully appreciate all I have until something like this happens, and I can't help but thinking that this is one of those 'refining' times.

Hopefully I"ll be back later with cute pictures and stories of sweet little girls, big girls, and one big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment