As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness

This is something that I got in on late...by a day or two...on Facebook, and so I thought I would continue it here...and maybe, just maybe get back to posting more often. So, for now...a recap:

Day 2 (a day late. Surpised?): Today I am thankful for my big fuzzy man slippers. Heaven on my tootsies. The plantars fascitis has been playing havoc with my feet at night and early morning. I've been hobbling around like an 80 year old when I get up with the baby (argh...still) and when I get up in the morning. So I got a $9 pair of fuzzy soft old man slippers from Walgreens, and at night, at least, they feel better. Still about 78 in the mornings, no matter what I'm wearing on my feet.

Day 3: I am thankful for my big, loud, messy family that makes all this laundry that drives me crazy! I think that there really is nothing else to be said about this. If you've ever read my blog before, you know my issues in this area.

Day 4: I am thankful...so thankful...for my sweet daughters. Sarah, who touches me with her generosity, kindness, and compassion. Maddy, and her enthusiasm for life and the Lord. Hannah, for making me smile with her sweetness and her spunk. And Charlotte, hands down, the best surprise I've ever received! Maddy is having a friend over tonight, and so last night we (meaning the big girls and I) cleaned like mad women. And despite the fact that we were cleaning, it was such a nice night together.

and for today....
Day 5: Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who loves me and puts up with my moods and my snarkiness, and who after he gets a text from me telling him how stressed out I am over having to clean a filthy house with a broken vacuum cleaner, goes out and buys me a new vacuum and steam cleaner. Now as much as I hate cleaning, you would think this would garner the same reaction as receiving a can opener for our anniversary. Not so, not so. Because as much as I loather cleaning, I do so so so love a clean house, and the carpet was driving me crazy. He's a keeper, that man, even if he has now completed 37 remodeling projects in the 9 years we have been together (all of which involve a fine layer of sheet rock dust on every exposed surface and lots of paintbrushes in baggies in my refrigerator).

No comments:

Post a Comment