As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness Days 19-24

Saturday, November 20 Today I am thankful for my wonderful parents who watched the little girls so we could go to the memorial service today, who took us out for dinner, and who took us shopping, allowing Sarah to bring home an awesome pair of boots--that happen to fit me too! Thanks, Mom and Dad! We love you!
Saturday afternoon, we had planned to meet my parents in Conyers for a Thanksgiving celebration/shopping trip. As it happened, our dear friend, Jim Shannon, went home to be with the Lord earlier in the week and his memorial service was on Saturday. My parents drove all the way to our house and watched the little girls so that we could actually stay in the service. It was a sweet service, but different than most I've been to. He was cremated, so there was no viewing, no procession. It gave us all a lot to think about. We learned a lot about our friend, Jim. We will miss him.

Then we went to O'Charley's for dinner--and I was the only one who ordered turkey (turkey burger) thank you very much--and then to Kohl's for some shopping. The girls had already decided that they wanted boots, and I got to pick out dresses for the little girls....matching of course!
Sunday, November 21 I am thankful for Sunday mornings. Everyone is home and no one is in a hurry to get anywhere except church, where we all go together. It's my favorite time of the week!
I love Saturday nights, when Josh comes home and stays in his own bedroom. All my little ducks are in a row, my birds in their nests, my babies exactly where they belong. Then Sunday morning, I get to wake up ALL my children. Then at church, we all sit together and all is right with my world.

Monday, November 22 My sweet Hannah is sick, and I am thankful that I can be at home with her today and don't have to worry about my classroom.

Tuesday, November 23 I am thankful for my husband, who got up at 4:30 am with Hannah so I could go to bed, even though he had to work all day.

Wednesday, November 24 I am thankful that the steroids make Hannah so much better, even if it did mean that she was up until 10:30 and awake at 3:30!

It's been a long three days. Hannah was sick, lethargic, pitiful, but oh so sweet. She mainly just laid around. Not the way I envisioned my Thanksgiving break. Then she started on antibiotic and steroids. And she was full of energy, sassy, grouchy, demanding, emotional, and unfortunately for us,...and insomniac. Gotta love those steroids.

Wednesday, November 24 (again!) I am so thankful for answered prayers, the generosity of friends, and being able to do laundry again! (Did you ever think you would hear me say that?)
I was so thankful I had to post twice today! After heading to the laundromat and spending $35 to wash our clothes, a friend from work offered to give us her dryer. She just happened to be replacing her washer and was getting a dryer that matched, and as long as we picked it up, we could have it for free!!! What an amazing answer to prayer. A new dryer wasn't exactly on our to do list for this Christmas season. There is something very freeing about not being able to do laundry. It wasn't hanging over my head, in the back of my mind...it just wasn't there. I loved it and hated it all at the same time. Now, with a brand new to us dryer in the laundry room, I can do laundry again, and I am looking forward to it. What's up with that????

No comments:

Post a Comment