As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 14 of Thankfulness

Today is an easy one. I'm actually thankful for so many things:

I am thankful for a great youth pastor. He teaches my teenagers the Word, disciples their hearts, and travels all the way to Columbus to see them compete.

I am thankful that my dishwasher is fixed! For a month, we've had to fill up the bottom of the dishwasher with water so it would actually wash the dishes. While Daryl was under the house hooking up the gas for the heater for the addition, he noticed a valve problem, fixed it, and voila! a dishwasher that works!

I am thankful for that glimmer of Thanksgiving Break in the near future, because without it, I don't think this mommy/wife/teacher/laundress/housekeeper/cheerleader mom could make it through this coming week without that promise of a rest.

BUT MOSTLY....

I am so thankful for the health of my family. I think of our friend Jim, who has been told that he has less than a week to live. I think of his family, sitting there watching him die. Waiting and watching, never knowing. Having only their memories and the promise of Heaven to comfort them. I've never had to watch someone I love die. Never really had someone I love die except grandparents, and either I didn't know them that well, my parents sheltered me from it, or they were really old. I don't even want to think about losing my parents, my inlaws, my siblings or children. So I am thankful for the fact that my little ones are so full of life and good health that they wake me up early in the morning. That my sweet Charlotte is healthy enough to run around for 5 hours. That Hannah is so full of questions and curiosity that she talks constantly. And yes, even for that 2:30 wake up call when she climbs in bed with us. That my husband has the energy and strength to remodel our home countless times. That Josh made it through the turbulent teenage years (that really were not so turbulent) to go away to college. That Sarah is healthy enough to compete in sports. That Maddy has enough sass in her to fight with her sister. Because really, what else matters? The alternative is unimaginable. Thank you, Jesus, for my healthy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment