As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun with dog food...

WARNING: I am aware that everything is underlined, and no, I have no idea why or how to fix it!

I'm pretty sure that I never said to myself, "I will never let my child play with dog food." I mean...who would even think to say that? Of course you wouldn't let your child play with dog food. How gross is that?

Yet, that is exactly what I did. I was working on grading reading units and needing some non-Mom time. So when Hannah asked if she could feed the dogs, I did it. I let her. I did even more than that. I gave her a measuring cup and told her to scoop the dog food and then take it over to the dog bowl.

This kept the child busy for AN HOUR, and I don't think she has had so much fun in a while. And yes, the thought of stopping her did occur to me for maybe a nano-second, then I figured that she could take a good bath afterwards and that was that.



My big girl about to begin her big girl job.




She really had to go deep to get to it.

In fact, all the way in the bag...to the bottom.



Singing "Happy Birthday" to the dogs. After all, isn't that what you do after you make a "birthday cake?"

And then, yes...I did let her get out a tupperware bowl and spend 20 minutes transferring it from one bowl to another!




No comments:

Post a Comment