As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I'm a crazy girl...I'm a lollipop!"

Not quite sure what that means, but that's what she said when tonight she was trying to get herself dressed. She managed to get the pants on all by herself, and she got the shirt on...but just this far. Cute cute cute.

And I needed this silliness today. I was priding myself (note to self and everyone else--do not pride in yourself!) in my ability to keep my moods in check with this pregnancy. Ordinarily, I feel very deeply and have a hard time keeping those feelings to myself--you can read it in my face, my words, my motions. That is without the hormones. This week, and especially today, the hormones...and the mood swings hit with a vengeance. Everything has irritated me--from the way the kids have chewed their pop-tarts to the fact that there wasn't a clean glass in the house. What has finally sent me over the edge, though, is this house. Usually, I can tell myself--you have four kids, four dogs, a full time job, and a wonderful, though slovenly, husband. Right now, that just isn't cutting it. The dishes, the laundry, the dirty floors, the dusty ceiling fans, stuff everywhere you look, and good grief...the dog hair. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! (And yes, I realize that in internet speak, that is yelling...and that's because I feel like screaming..and stomping my feet, and crying) I know this weekend will bring little relief. It is end of quarter, and I have HUGE amount of grading and school work to do. The girls--my built in babysitters--are doing a Christian service project all day on Saturday. Daryl will be off who knows where doing who knows what...but something to do with electrical, I'm sure.

In the end, I know...it really doesn't matter...doesn't matter eternally. In my mind though, so often focused on the here and now, it is this huge black cloud. And I realize that it's silly, and petty, and that I have soooo much to be thankful for, that my biggest blessings are what makes this house so messy and my life so chaotic. And I realize that people I know and love would do anything to have their biggest worry be a messy house, disorganized life. How humbling is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment