As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, March 7, 2009

One thing you should never speak aloud....

"What else could go wrong this week?"

What a week it has been! My usually unflappable husband even agrees with me (usually I get a "it's all good, and God still is on the throne" from him when I bemoan something that has happened).

1. Josh's car, which we thought needed a new belt or two, needs close to $2000 in repairs.
2. The dishwasher? Broken Now for those of you who grew up washing dishes by hand, I applaud you. I did not. And I do not enjoy it. Especially with the HUGE amount of dishes this clan uses in one day.
3. Daryl's sister Denise did not get good news at her doctor's appointment. It's still early to really know anything until they meet with the doctor again, but still, it was a departure from her usual appointments. And I don't know who I am more worried about--Denise or her momma!
4. Tired of the ever-increasing number of gray hairs on my head, I colored my own hair. Note to self and anyone else: the color you usually use will turn out 4 shades darker when you are pregnant, causing everyone around you to ask you if you are sick or tired and none of your clothes are in the right color palette any more.sigh.

All seemed to be settling down until this morning, when Daryl twisted his ankle coming out of his "shop" that he is building in the back yard. This is what I came home to when I returned to the grocery store...

Now, if you know Daryl, you know that NOTHING keeps him down for long, but here he has lain (lay? laid?) since 9:00 this morning. Not a good sign.

I went shopping today...Daryl gave me a $200 budget to buy myself some maternity clothes. If it would just stay cold for a while, I would just be fine with a bella band and my big ol' sweaters. But seeing as warm weather seems to be here...I'm down to a dress, a pair of jean capris, and various men's t-shirts size 3X. Which leaves me with...hmmm...one dress to wear to work. I could just kick myself--AGAIN. I had just, over the Thanksgiving break, gotten rid of everything even remotely big on me, in an effort to maintain the diet momentum. There was so much that I could have used right now! This is the second time I have done this and ended up pregnant (*Note to self...keep all fat clothes for eternity...or at least through menopause)

Shopping for maternity clothes is not fun...at least not for me. I swear, I think I have reverse body dismorphic disorder, because I really don't think I look as supremely huge as I do in the dressing room mirrors. And seeing as most maternity clothes are made for tiny women who become pregnant, it turned out to be a very unpleasant trip. I ended up with enough shirts to get me through the week, ONE pair of pants, and a self image that is now in the toilet. I know I should just get online and order some from a maternity shop, but maternity clothes for plus sized women are either a. ugly or b. hugely expensive. I think I"ll be washing alot!

On the plus side...it is a beautiful day, and I just spent an hour sitting in the sun reading. I'm hoping that I got a little color--how I do love a tan, I tell you--and maybe my hair lightened up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment