As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scene: My classroom. After the Easter egg hunt. Parents are there. Many parents. Children are crazy. Extremely so. As in jumping off chairs, yelling, throwing eggs and their contents (ahhh...the joys of little boys)

Me (in my sweetest, best teacher voice, striving for control): 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

The class: Not responding AT ALL.

Me (a little louder, less sweet, striving a little harder for control): Boys and girls, I need you quiet in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

The class: Most scamper to their desks, quietly giggling, still gently tossing eggs, stuffing as much sugar as humanly possible into their little six year old mouths. The exception, who is ALWAYS the exception, continues to "fly" around the room, Star Wars style.

Spencer (to his mom): Welcome to our world.

Out of the mouths of babes.

On a positive note, I never (even after having a baby) have had so many mothers telling me that they would pray for me! Spring Break came just in time. Ten whole days off.

Ten days of rest. Ten days of sweet baby kisses. Ten days of playing babies. Ten days of enjoying all of my girls (my boy will be cruising...I am not leaving him out!) Ten days of sun--yeah yeah yeah, I know its bad for you, but I love it. Ten days of NO ONE whining, "Mrs. Stone..." Ten days of watching mindless tv, getting caught up on laundry, reading for fun.

Ten. Glorious. Days.

What in the world would I do with a regular job?

No comments:

Post a Comment