As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hannah's big girl bed...and other musings...

Sigh....I knew it was coming soon, but wasn't quite ready. But it's done now...Hannah officially has a big girl bed. I've been asking Daryl to convert her crib into a toddler bed for a few weeks. For those of you who know Daryl, Daryl-time and real time are two different things. I figured I had a good couple of months....at least.

Leave the motivation to a horrendous smell and a sweet baby face. There has been a horrendous smell in Hannah's room for two weeks now. Last week, I steam cleaned the carpets and washed the baseboards, thinking it was what it smelled like--dog pee. (Yes, gross, I know) I febreezed everything after I was done with the carpets, and was satisfied that it was gone. Until I walked in about an hour later...only to smell it again. From then on, I have been a woman possessed, a woman on a mission. If I were later on in my pregnancy, I would think it were some sort of nesting (or who knows? maybe if your "nest" is as messy as ours, maybe it has to hit sooner?). And maybe, just maybe this is what it feels like to be OCD. I went to sleep thinking about how to get that smell out, thought about it at school, googled it. Today after church, I took everything out of her room, washed all the linens, washed the baseboards again, took every toy out of every toy bucket and washed and sanitized it. Threw things away that even remotely looked or smelled like it wasn't new and fresh.

And since everything was in the hallway, I figured that it was as good a time as any to get the bed set up. I asked...and was answered with a distracted "uh-huh." Hannah went in and said, "Daddy, you make my big girl bed? Decause (that isn't a typo--she says it like that) I am a big girl now." And what do you know? On went the tool belt and she has a big girl bed!!!! She loves it (for now...haven't asked her to sleep in it yet), and has spent most of the rest of the day in her room.

Here she is right after Daryl set it up...no sheets or blankets or dust ruffle, as they were being washed.


And then later, when she told me to come take her picture in her big girl bed.

In other news, we have a big week ahead. Prom is Saturday. I can't wait to see my baby boy all dressed up in a tux. last time he was in it, he was walking me down the aisle to marry Daryl. We also have our big ultrasound on Thursday at 1:00. I called to make sure that everyone involved had the right date and right reason this time! I took my 3 hour glucose test on Friday, so we should get the results of that as well. I am nervous and excited for Thursday. Some days, like yesterday, I feel the baby moving all the time, and know that everything is fine. Other days, like today, I really don't feel the baby at all and am convinced that something is horribly wrong. (And of course it doesn't ever occur to me that hey...I haven't sat down all day long...when have you had the time to feel it move?--that would be too rational) Then this afternoon, after I had spent three hours moving furniture, vacuuming, running up and down the stairs to do laundry and wash toys and take certain toddlers to go "tee tee", the braxton hicks started, fast and furious. After an hour off of my feet and lots of water, they were gone, as I knew(hoped) they would, but it was a swift reminder that I needed to take it easy. It was, after all, frequent Braxton Hicks that got me in the hospital last time with pre-tterm labor and then on six weeks of bedrest. We CAN NOT do that again!
So here's to a great week--with lots of pictures and posts....now that I have found my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment