As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My 100th Post!

The traditional 100th post is 100 things about the blogger...posted by the blogger herself. However, today was all about the kids, and this was too monumental a day to devote the post to moi. Tonight, as I post, my baby boy is at prom. Sigh. It was bittersweet today as we met Maranda and Maranda's family at the house where the limo was to pick them up. He was so handsome, but also so very very grown up.

Here he is, putting on Maranda's corsage.

And a picture of us together...to compare to the last time he was in a tux, "our" wedding day. Please note that it was 90 degrees and I have already started to swell....arg. I think I look hideous, but I promised myself that I would take pictures and post pictures with my kids.


This house had a gazebo in the back--actually three levels of gazebo.


Aren't they just adorable?

"The group" right before they left for dinner at Two Urban Licks and prom at Georgia Tech. My goodness, this is not his mother's prom. Big limo with a driver that rolled out the red carpet, girls in dresses that made them look about 25, and not a bit of puff anwhere. In the olden days, it was all about how fat the bottom of your dress was!
And here is their parting shot. They had to sit in the back seat on the way there because they were last to get in. We took a picture of them right before the shut the door. This looks a bit too wedding-y to me (yikes!) but I'll admit it is a cute cute picture.

Sweet sweet Sarah watched Hannah so that Daryl and I could go see them and take pictures and then we had our first "date" in over a year. OK...so we just went out to eat and then to Toys R Us to buy birthday presents for Hannah, but still...we were alone!


1 comment:

  1. they ARe adorable. glad you guys got to be alone for a bit. this can make such a difference.

    happy 100th blog post anniversary!

    ReplyDelete