As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, May 28, 2009

24 week appointment...

The good: She was able to find the heartbeat right away instead of sending me for an ultrasound like every other time, and she sounded good. Blood pressure great. And the best of all, only 2 pounds gained this past month! The pelvic pain, she says, is due to baby's position, and my 5 time used uterus. Normal and not cause for concern.

The bad: I'm contracting. already. sigh. No cervical change, so that is good, but now am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible--45 minutes out of every hour or so, drink a gallon of water a day, and call if I have more than four in an hour. I had a mini-nervous breakdown in the office, telling her this simply could.not.happen. and then went into way too much sobbing detail about not being able to start the school year with my class being a tragedy of Shakespearean proportion.

I've just got to really follow dr. instructions, and stay off my feet. I rolled around on my rolling chair at work today, and really only have 1 more day that I have to be there. And then one more day to move all of my extra stuff into a storage unit that Josh will do for me. I am hoping and praying that this is all because I have been running myself ragged at school trying to take stuff down, pack things away, lifting boxes onto shelves in the closet, all the while trying to keep up with a group of very active 6 year olds. and then running myself ragged at home trying to keep up with the laundry, cleaning, organizing, etc. I am hopeful that after some time in my oh so comfortable chair doing nothing but reading, watching tv, and cross stitching, and things will improve. And I have to trust that God will take care of the school situation.

I had a talk with the kids tonight about how important it is going to be for them to help me out with Hannah this summer and they seemed very eager and willing to help. And immediately after dinner, Daryl went out to work furiously on the addition. :)

I am trying to get over the disappointment and anger over the whole thing. I really thought this time would be different. And I feel like my body is betraying me. I used to be soooo good at this carrying a baby thing. Until Hannah. Until now.

If I have this much trouble at 41 with only 5 pregnancies, how do people with so many more children do it????

No comments:

Post a Comment