As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Of all the dumb things....

this has got to take the cake.

Tonight, when Daryl and Josh were working on editing a video for school (and rather unsuccessfully, unfortunately, as it wasn't even his, but Maranda's) Daryl exclaimed, "Hey! There is a place to put your memory card!" Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I envisioned myself a posting fool, posting pictures of all the things that the kids have been doing. I was almost giddy.

Well, he was right. There was a place for the memory card...a normal sized memory card. My card fit in there just fine. And there it stayed...and stays still. Sigh.

On a different note, I am going back to the doctor tomorrow. I have had enough of wheezing, coughing, headaches, and feeling like I got hit by a truck. So tomorrow at 2, I will be throwing myself at the mercy of the doctor (or PA, probably) to give me something, anything to help me feel better. I KNOW that 48 straight days of coughing and robitussin cannot be good for the baby...or for me. I KNOW that it is annoying and bothersome to my family, especially Daryl who joked (I hope) about wanting to put a pillow over my head at night. I KNOW that I am just so sick of being sick. So sick of not being able to walk around without being out of breath. Sick of not being able to teach without being out of breath. My only hope is that if the doctor won't give me something for it, that in 5 1/2 days, I will be out of the petri dish that is my classroom. Maybe some time in the sun and some time to rest will do me some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment